My Valentine By Allen Buchanan Mitchell County June 1972 was my first summer living in the Lily Branch Community of Mitchell County. Eight months earlier my dad had accepted the call to Pastor Lily Branch Baptist Church. It was Saturday afternoon at the parsonage and I was in my bedroom after taking a bath. This particular weekend was Decoration at Lily Branch. The cemetery across the road was filled with families placing flowers on grave sites as memorials. Old friends were reminiscing about days gone by. New friendships were forming. Little did I know my life was about to change. The church...Read More
Month: February 2017
Celebrate Recovery Continues at Bear Creek Baptist Church each Thursday night at 7:00pm. Healing is taking place in families and support is being given to those seeking to recover from drug and alcohol addiction. If you would like more information call Josh Wise at 828-385-0061 or Pastor Bruce Cannon at 910-876-2109.Read More
This month we are talking about long-term marriage relationships and what it takes for making them successful. Happy Valentine’s Day! Do something sweet and long lasting for your sweetheart this Valentine’s Day.Read More
- Look to Jesus in the New Year by Rick and Cindy Mercer. It is a God Prospective.
- Inherited Capital by Dr. Mark Creech looks at the Prodigal Son in a whole new light.
- Plumtree Team in Uganda by Pastor Ryan Bridgeo
- Upside Down In the Apple Tree by Barbara Harrell sees life back then through a child’s eyes
- A New Beginning by Jacob Willis is exactly that–A New Beginning!
- 2:34 AM EST on January 24, 2018
- 10:00 AM EST on January 24, 2018
Today is forecast to be Cooler than yesterday.
Wednesday 01/24 0%
High 40° / Low 22°
A mix of clouds and sun. Gusty winds during the morning. High around 40F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
Thursday 01/25 0%
High 44° / Low 28°
Sunny skies. High 44F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Friday 01/26 0%
High 50° / Low 30°
A few passing clouds, otherwise generally sunny. High around 50F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.