On Thursday, October 27, members of the Rotary Club of Spruce Pine heard a moving presentation from Lauren Ringwood about her dyslexia and the help she received at Camp Spring Creek. She was introduced by Rotarian Reid Duncan and accompanied by her mother, Jessica Ringwood. In Lauren’s own words: Hello Members of Spruce Pine Rotary Club, my name is Lauren. I am nine years old. I am in the 4th grade at Gouge Elementary. And I am Dyslexic. You all have probably heard of dyslexia and may even know a little about it. But what you don’t know is,...Read More
Author: Doug Sudduth
- The Beginning of the Story by John and Steph Limongello will touch your heart.
- Humility by Brent Price touches a cord in Christians.
- The Rivers We Cross by Timothy W. Tron is God’s Doing.
- Running the Race by Preacher Chris Rathbone lists the necessities to win.
- Storms by Jim Hart warns us that storms will come.
- 3:53 AM EST on November 18, 2017
- 12:00 PM EST on November 19, 2017
Today is forecast to be Cooler than yesterday. Considerable cloudiness.
Saturday 11/18 20%
High 58° / Low 34°
A mix of clouds and sun early followed by cloudy skies this afternoon. High 58F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
Sunday 11/19 20%
High 39° / Low 25°
Mostly sunny skies. Gusty winds in the morning. High 39F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.
Monday 11/20 0%
High 52° / Low 32°
Sunny. High 52F. Winds W at 5 to 10 mph.