As It Were in the Days of Lot
By Todd Abraham
THE EPIDEMIC LEVELS OF PORNOGRAPHY:
- 56% of divorces report obsessive use / 70% of total divorces / 60 % of legal filings
- 47% of men report their viewing is getting darker
- 25% of all online searches and 35% of all downloads are related to pornography.
- 47% of families in the United States reported that pornography is a problem in their homes.
- According to the National Coalition for the Protection of Children & Families, 2010, 68% of divorce cases involve one party meeting someone over the Internet,
- 96 hours a year watching on average/ low end
- A Study on Australians ages 15-29 found that 100% of the men (82% of women) had viewed porn. Also, 69 percent of males and 23 percent of females first viewed porn at age 13 or younger. In addition, this study reported that more frequent pornography viewing correlated with mental health problems.
- The estimated number of people who have a sexual addiction in the United States alone: is 12 to 30 million.
- 66% of Internet-using 18- to 34-year-old men look at online pornography at least once a month.
- The percentage of internet sites that are pornographic in nature right now: is 12%.
- 2.5 billion emails per day are pornographic-related in some way. 66% of Internet-using 18- to 34-year-old men look at online pornography at least once a month.
- 94% of sex addicts have filmed themselves having sex.
- 3 out of 4 addicts have admitted that they regularly post naked photos of themselves online.
- 73% of women and 98% of men reported internet porn use in the last 6 months, with 31% of internet porn users presenting anxiety symptoms when deprived of porn (source).
More than half of the men who identify themselves as Evangelical Christians admit that they have a pornography addiction and used it in the last week for self-satisfaction.
- 62% of pastors struggle with porn addiction
THE ECONOMICS OF THE PORN INDUSTRY:
- $184,500 spent every minute
The pornography industry in the US generates $12 billion in revenue per year.
- A dated study from 2006 shows the porn industry is worth an estimated 97 billion dollars, globally, however, it has only increased.
- In the United States alone, two hard-core pornographic movies are released every hour.
- It is estimated that just in San Fernando Valley, the industry employs 20,000 people.
- Mindgeek alone (which owns many of the largest porn sites) is valued at $1.69 billion
PORN, TRAFFICKING, AND YOUTH:
- The average child is now first exposed to Internet porn at age 11.
- Under the age of 10 account for 22% of the porn consumption of minors
- “57% of teens search out porn at least monthly”
- 51% of male students and 32% of female students first viewed porn before their teenage years.
- The first exposure to pornography among men is 12 years old, on average.
- 10% of children in the 7th grade have stated that they are watching enough porn to be concerned that they may have an addiction issue and not be able to stop.
- Under the age of 10 now account for 22% of online porn consumption under 18 -years old.
- “90% of teens are either encouraging, accepting, or neutral when they talk about porn with their friends”
- The Crimes against Children Research Center says that 1 in 5 teenagers have received a sexual solicitation via the web.
- Only “about 25 percent of the youth who encountered a sexual approach or solicitation told a parent.”
- “Nearly 27% of teens receive sexts”
- Around 15% are sending them.
- One out of 7 kids have received a solicitation of porn and 100K websites offer illegal child pornography.
- “79 percent of young people’s unwanted exposure to pornography occurs in the home.”
- “Per Google Analytics, pornography searches increase by 4,700% when children are out of school.”
- Victims of childhood sexual abuse often repeat a pattern of abuse in a subconscious attempt to gain control over their childhood trauma
- The most common two methods of first exposure are 1) accidental online and 2) exposure by a friend or relative
LEGAL ISSUES & TRAFFICKING:
- 70% of female trafficking victims are trafficked into the commercial sex industry, including porn, stripping, and legal brothels.
- 4.8 MILLION people are trapped in forced sexual exploitation globally
- A 2015 meta-analysis of 22 studies from seven countries found that internationally the consumption of pornography was significantly associated with increases in verbal and physical aggression, among males and females alike.
- Human trafficking is the fastest-growing criminal enterprise of the 21st century.
- 1/3 of total daily searches on porn sites are for “teen porn.” ( Watson, Connie. “The Globalization of Sex.” CBC News. CBC/Radio Canada, 18 June 2009. Web. 06 Jan. 2015. )
My name is Todd Abraham. I’m an evangelist of the gospel of Jesus Christ and publisher of Heartbeat Christian News which has been in publication for 9 years now by the grace of God. You can read all about it at www.HBCNewsMonthly.com.
**Read more great Christian News here.