Never Forget the Best
By Steve Williams
I pray that we never forget the best thing about Christmas. I remember a story of a shepherd-boy in the Alps while tending his sheep. He saw an odd flower at his feet. He plucked the flower, and as he did so a door opened into the mountain. He went in and soon came to a great pile of gems. A voice said: “Take what you wish, but do not forget the best.”
Eagerly he grasped all the gems he could carry. As he did so, he dropped, unnoticed, the odd little flower which had unlocked the mountain for him. Hurrying to carry his jewels home, he again heard the voice saying. “Don’t forget the best.” He paid no attention and soon was outside the mountain cave. He missed the odd flower which had served as a key to let him in the mountain was gone. The jewels he had eagerly gathered turned into dust before his eyes. He had forgotten to take the best.
Many are the good things of this world we have a right to enjoy so long as we do so lawfully and rightly. The Voice comes to us also saying: Take what you want and can of earth’s treasures, but don’t forget the best.” And the best is Christ. Christmas today has become such a hassle because we have managed to leave the best out of it which is Christ Jesus. Gift’s, parties, and get-togethers are wonderful and good in themselves. But in the midst of so much that is good, may we never forget the best, the Christ of Christmas.
So let us not lose the best which is Christ this Christmas. May we honor Him and remember that He is the Reason For The Blessed Season. See Christmas is not a time or a season, but a state of mind. May we keep our minds focused on Christ this season and reflect on the greatest gift ever given. My Prayer to you is that Christmas will be a Blessing and not a Hassle.
Beverly, my wife, and I would like to wish all a very Merry Christmas and a very prosperous New Year. May we never get out of heart or give up or give in to a world that has gone crazy. Please pray for our nation and President Trump as never before.
Words of Wisdom:
- Christmas is a season not only for rejoicing but also for reflection.
- We are never more like Jesus Christ than when we are giving. So this Christmas let’s be sure to share Jesus with someone. It the best Gift they will ever receive. Steve Williams
- Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it’s Christmas. Dale Evans
- For it is in giving that we receive. N/A
- God can’t be Defeated. Nor can they who trust in Him. N/A
- The loneliest place in the world is the heart where the Lord Jesus is absent. N/A
- I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Jesus
Christmas Gift Suggestions
To your enemy, Forgiveness
To your opponent, Tolerance
To your friend, your Heart
To a customer, Service
To all, Charity
To every child, a Good Example
To the lost, Share Jesus
To yourself, Respect
By Oren Arnold
A Little Humor for Christmas:
- An atheist complained to a Christian friend, “You Christians have your special holidays, such as Christmas and Easter. Jews celebrate their national holidays, such as Passover and Yom Kippur. But we atheists have no recognized national holidays. It’s unfair discrimination.” His friend replied, “Why don’t you celebrate April the first?” and call it April Fools Day.