What Makes a Good Wife
By Steve Williams
According to what the Bible says I have hit the jackpot. The Bible Says in Proverbs 18:22 “Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.” I have truly been blessed with a good wife. So according to this verse I have been double blessed. I not only have a good wife, but I have also obtained favor with God. We know that God created Adam and placed him in the Garden of Eden, He saw that it was not good for Adam to be alone. God recognized man’s need for a lifetime companion. Therefore, He lovingly crafted a woman and brought her to Adam. From that point on, every man would have to find or search for a wife for himself. When a man finds a good wife, he finds the good treasure that God designed for him. Good describes that which is pleasing to God, beneficial to life, and abundantly enjoyable. So when a man finds a good wife who loves him, he should recognize that she is a wonderful gift presented to him by God. She should be the most cherished, precious treasure in his life. And I want you to know that my wife Beverly, truly is a precious treasure to me.
Mesmerized, Awestruck, Overwhelmed, Stunned, Astonished, Dumbfounded, are some words that describe how I feel about God’s gift to me through my wife Beverly. I know that God has blessed me with a good wife but He has also blessed me with my best friend. And the reason I say that is because there is not another person I really want to hang out with more than I do my wife. We got married when I was 18 and she was 21. She has stood by me faithfully for 43 years come March the 11th 2021. And through those years we have faced many hurdles, to say the least, but with God’s help, we have been able to cross each one that has come our way. She has always supported my decisions, the good ones, and also stood by me in the bad ones. She has never tried to change me from who I was but she prayed to God for Him to make me the man I am today, and for that, I will be forever grateful. Other than God saving my soul, Beverly is the greatest asset that I possess. She is the greatest mom, grandmother, friend, and pastor wife, that I could have ever asked for. I don’t know who said this but I know that it is so true. “ No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. Wife or mother, if it is both, he is twice blessed indeed.” And dear friends I have been twice blessed by an almighty God. I want to thank the Lord for putting two great women in my life for me to enjoy and to learn from.
If you read this, I bet some of you are saying, he must have messed up and is trying to get on his wife’s good side. No that is not the reason at all. As I get older I realize how thankful I should be for having a Godly, God-fearing wife. And I just want everyone to know how blessed I am to have such a wonderful wife and best friend to live out my life with.
Men if you have a great wife please let her know. Tell her, and show her, and February the 14th is a day set aside to show the one you love how much that you love them. So take the time to let her know how important she is to you.
Words of Wisdom:
- Of all the home remedies, a good wife is best. N/A
- Daniel Boone said all you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife.
- A happy wife is a happy life. Gavin Rossdale
- Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him leave.
Words of Humor:
New Found Respect
- These three guys were talking. Two of them are talking about the amount of control they have over their wives, while the third guy remains quiet. After a while, one of the first two turns to the third and says, “Well, what about you, what sort of control do you have over your wife?”
- The third fellow puffs out his chest and says, “Well, I’ll tell you. Just the other night my wife came to me crawling on her hands and knees.”
- The first two guys were amazed! Their eyes are wide and they have a newfound respect for this guy. “Wow! What happened then?” they asked.
- The third fellow sighed and uttered, “She said, ‘Get out from under that bed and fight like a man!'”
Something to think about:
A man told me after 45 years of marriage, when he has an argument with his wife, if we don’t agree, we will do what she wants. But, when we agree, we do what I want.