By Bruce Cannon
Are we getting very close to the coming of the Lord for His Church? Let’s investigate the Scriptures. The Apostle Paul wrote in 2 Timothy 3:1-5: “This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.”
News headlines dated mid-February, as I am writing this article, bear this out and show that the above passage is a perfect commentary on what is happening in our nation today! We are seeing perilous times and, as Dr. Jimmy Evans, said in an online broadcast recently, they are going to get worse and worse in 2022. I believe that we are indeed very close to the return of the Lord Jesus for the Church!
Check out the headlines and see if you also believe they point to His soon return:
1) “Massive crime spike stems from social unrest and COVID lockdowns.”
2) “The CIA is secretly collecting data on all U. S. citizens.”
3) “Biden tells Americans to leave Ukraine immediately as war is very likely and will have many casualties.”
4) “Inflation expected to be worse this year than in decades previously.”
5) “Canadian trucker protests will have an impact on U. S. goods.”
6) “The Health and Human Services will provide $30 million to provide crack pipes to help drug users use drugs more safely.”
7) “Non-U. S. Citizens will be allowed to vote in certain elections.”
8) “Florida fights to stop gay and transgender counseling in school classrooms.”
9) “Black Lives Matter turns up the pressure to defund police.”
10) “Feds test Digital Dollar in certain U. S. markets.”
11) “Iran refining enriched uranium to produce a nuclear weapon.”
What about that! Isn’t that exactly what Paul said in 2 Timothy 3:1-5? Jesus said in Matthew 24:9-12, “Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake. And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.”
We are seeing iniquity abound, the persecution and hatred of Christians and their beliefs, and so many people offended by everything godly! Are you ready? If the Lord were to come for us today can you go? Do you know Him as your Savior? If not, or if you are not sure, ask Him right now to come into your heart, forgive you of your sins, and be the Lord and Savior of your life. Amen!
Reverend Bruce Cannon currently serves as the Senior Pastor of Bear Creek Baptist Church in Bakersville. Formerly he served as Director of Missions for the Bladen Baptist Association and he has served on the General Board of the Baptist State Convention of North Carolina.
You can read more Good Christian News from Pastor Cannon HERE.